I want to spend the rest of my days doing work that has an eternal impact, to the glory of God and for the good of others.
My passion is to equip Christian men, so they can become strong spiritual leaders at home (as husbands and fathers) and effective witnesses for Him in the marketplace.
I believe that this can be achieved with in-depth knowledge and application of God’s Word. And I love studying, applying, and teaching the Bible.
I love the focus and purpose of Abiding Fathers which is reaching out to men by not only encouraging them to be great fathers but also providing them with the tools necessary to accomplish this task. This is the greatest need in our churches and in our communities.
I am grateful to have the opportunity to contribute to this most important effort by joining forces with Abiding Fathers.
- Born and raised in Puerto Rico. Relocated to the United States in 1991.
- I came to know and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in 1984 during a Friday morning Chapel Service at my High School.
- Married to my beautiful bride Stacey since March of 2003.
- We live in Frisco and we are members of Stonebriar Community Church also in Frisco.
- We have a grown son, Brent Jett, who also lives in the area and works as a Graphic Designer and Web Developer.
Summary of Christian Ministry Activities
- I have been studying the Bible in depth for over 20 years.
- I have taught both children and adults. In 2017, I felt led to launch a Podcast in which I offer weekly Bible study lessons.
- My web site is “An Approved Workman“.
- Since then, I have published close to 225 Podcast episodes and 29 Bible Study Series.
- Recently I also started providing video lessons on YouTube and Rumble.
- I have also been participating in Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) classes since 2003.
- For the last 8 years, I have been applying my Project Management skills to the role of Class Administrator for a local men’s Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) class that meets in Frisco and Sherman. Starting in the Fall, I will be serving as a Substitute Teaching Leader (STL) for our class.
- I am also a Personal Finance Coach and I teach and coach from a Biblical Perspective,
- My web site is “Figueroa Financial“.
- I had a Podcast that was active between 2013 and 2016 and published over 100 episodes (Spanish only).
- I have self-published 3 books on Personal Finance. These are available on Amazon (English/Spanish).
- I developed an online Personal Finance Course in Spanish.
Summary of Professional Experience and Education
- Over 30 years of experience as a Software Engineer and Project Manager in the Information Technology (IT) industry.
- I have had the privilege to work for IBM, Motorola, Southwest Airlines and NTT Data Services.
- Currently I work as a Senior Project Manager with Advanced.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez.
- M.S. in Software Engineering from the University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2004.