Rwanda financial need 2/2021
God opened a wide and fruitful door in Rwanda in early 2020. The country suffered a genocide in 1994 where 1 million men were killed. Many are also in prison. The family structure has been decimated. The older fathers and grandfathers are almost non-existent. The Lord has provided an open window to a desperate need.
- Bosco and Derrick, our in-country directors, have been trained for 6 months and Deane Parker and I meet with them each Monday for a one hour Zoom session
- They have been equipping 3 groups of men, some of whom will be taking the ministry into their spheres of influence. They are starting the 4th group
- The political leadership of the country has embraced the message and believe it is going to impact the Rwandan culture profoundly
- The From Faith to Faith material has been printed there using the local culture on the cover. 300 copies have been printed.
- The book has been translated into Kinyarwanda, the cultural language and 300 initial copies are to be printed. This allows them to take it more widely to the heart of the culture
- We are partnering with InterVarsity Fellowship Africa to train many of their well-positioned leaders in 9-12 other African countries. Plans are to translate into French and Swahili to be able to impact all of Africa
- American Bible Society Africa is working with them to provide audio Bibles for the villagers and other materials
- EvanTell gospel tracks have been sent to them to print in Kinyarwanda
- There is so much more. And the testimonies of the men have been so amazing. God is saving a people that he loves dearly
Abiding Fathers has committed to supporting them with training, prayer and financially. The current needs are as follows.
- $6,000 for their support for 2021 at $500/month
- $1,500 for the initial printing in English
- $3,000 for translation and editing into Kinyarwanda
- $1,500 for initial printing in Kinyarwanda
- $12,000 total need at this time
Please pray about this incredible opportunity to impact a nation for Christ through the mission of restored fatherhood. If God leads you to donate, you may send checks to Abiding Fathers P.O. Box 196096 Dallas 75219. Or go to www.abidingfathers.org/donate and contribute online. A brief testimony can be accessed below. Thank you, and may God truly bless you and your family.